• No purchase necessary to enter or win the “Modales Nouveau Artist Label Contest”. Must be 21 to enter.
• Each artist may submit (1) original painting, drawing, photo or illustration. Artwork must be received by August 31, 2023 11:59 PM EST. Winner will be announced September 2023.
• All submissions must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Nouveau Artist Label Contest”
• Submissions must be submitted by email in one of the following formats: PDF, JPG, PSD, or via downloadable link.
• Submissions must include Artwork title/name to be highlighted on back of the label.
• Once submitted, the artist submission to the “Nouveau Artist Label Contest” is final and may not be edited or altered. Artists should retain copies of their submissions for their records because no submission will be acknowledged or returned. Modales shall have no liability for any submission that is lost, intercepted, or not received.
• Voting will be conducted by representatives from the Modales leadership team. The artist whose submission receives the most votes will be awarded a $100 gift certificate to Modales Wines, $100 gift certificate to J. Petter Galleries & $100 gift certificate toward an Ox-Bow Art on the Meadow workshop to be redeemed in fall 2023 or summer 2024. The artist hereby grants Modales the rights & licensing to the submission for any and all use, including their artwork being turned into a label to be printed on Modales Wines 2023 Nouveau bottle.
• Each artist represents & warrants that they have not entered to any prior agreements that would limit their ability to grant the rights described above, nor has artist granted to any third party the rights described above.
Located on the Art Coast of Michigan the J. Petter Galleries is a unique find for art enthusiasts, collectors, designers, and wine lovers featuring a curated collection of paintings, drawings, sculptures, and glassworks from over 140 artists complemented by boutique wines, artisan cheeses, and hand-poured chocolates in the wine bar and shop.
Ox-Bow offers a wide range of opportunities for artists at all stages in their career. With year-round programs that cater to degree-seeking students, professional artists and those new to the field, Ox-Bow is a protected place where creative processes break-down, reform, and mature. As much as Ox-Bow is a place, it is also an experience. Through its affiliation with the School of the Art Institute of Chicago, Ox-Bow offers one and two-week courses for credit and non-credit for beginning, intermediate, and advanced students. Ox-Bow’s courses are diverse, ranging in focus from the functional to the sculptural; from traditional to contemporary; and from representational to conceptual. It is the synthesis of this diverse range of studio practices, and the artists who come to engage with them, that offers the diversity of opinion, viewpoint, and discussion that makes the Ox-Bow experience so rich. There are a variety of ways to engage in the program, from being a student, artist in residence, faculty member, visiting artist, or fellowship student. Whether you are there to learn, teach, or work in the studio, artists find that Ox-Bow invigorates them with fresh ideas to bring back to the studio.