Tasting Room Manager
The Tasting Room Manager is responsible for all aspects of the Direct-to-Consumer experience, including day-to-day operations as well as critical input into strategic direction.
The Tasting Room Manager reports to the Vice-President of Sales and Marketing
Tasting Room and Event Responsibilities
- Develop, continuously improve, and implement operational procedures for the tasting room and for guest experiences: opening and closing procedures, POS system maintenance, facilities maintenance, inventory management and housekeeping.
- Maintain an inviting, organized, clean and fully stocked tasting room that creates consistent brand messaging and customer experience across multiple environments.
- Manage additional staffing and volunteers for events, including offsite tasting events.
Financials, Planning, and Record Keeping
- Record keeping for the purpose of meeting both government and internal requirements.
- Make recommendations for and help establish sales and budgeting goals at the Individual, Sales Team, and Company level.
- Track and achieve monthly and annual sales and budgeting goals at the Individual, Sales Team, and Company level.
Personnel Management and Leadership Responsibilities
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, and training a sales staff that provides top customer service and sales results.
- Day to day management of sales staff: scheduling and payroll, assigning/directing work, and conflict resolution.
- Work on the Tasting Room floor as a member of the Sales team, consistently modeling exceptional service and sales techniques, teamwork, and other behaviors expected of team members. Foster an environment of positivity, teamwork, and passion for great wine.
- Evaluate and respond appropriately to all aspects of sales staff performance: appraising work, rewarding, disciplining, and firing.
- Develop, implement, and manage staff education around wine, company history, brand messaging and sales techniques. Create and schedule team meetings & tastings to enhance knowledge, communication, and teamwork.
- Outreach oriented; build relationships with neighboring wineries and their staff.
- Work with the Sales and Marketing Team to identify and fulfill marketing opportunities.
- Demonstrate the values of Modales, and exhibit situational awareness at all times in public.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A minimum of 2 years prior relevant experience in a managerial role required; direct to consumer sales, restaurant and/or tasting room experience preferred.
- A working knowledge of computer programs and social media platforms.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Ability to focus on multiple tasks and deadlines, and effectively prioritize and manage them; strong attention to detail and organization. Strong analytical and creative thinking skills for effective decision-making.
- A passion for and sound working knowledge of wine and hospitality.
- Must be comfortable working with a team of 15 to 30 employees within a small company
- Demonstrated sales ability and sales management skills.
- Ability to work most weekends, occasional holidays, and long hours during peak seasons and/or special events.
- Able to handle moderate to heavy physical work (moving cases of wine, setting up for special events, carrying wine for customers).
- Must be 21 or older and maintain a valid driver’s license.
This position is full-time and year-round. Compensation is salary-based commensurate with experience plus sales incentives, paid vacation, and employee discounts.